Southend United Supporters Society Limited (Shrimpers Trust) is an Industrial and Provident Society (IPS).
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
Our Privacy Promise.
- to keep your data safe and private;
- not to sell your data;
- not to share your data;
How the law protects you.
As well as our Privacy Promise, your privacy is protected by law, which says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. The law says that we must have one or more of these reasons:
- to fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- when it is our legal duty, or
- when it is in our legitimate interest, or
- when you consent to it.
What Personal Information does The Shrimpers Trust collect?
Here’s a list of information that we collect from you that enables us to fulfil our contractual obligations with you as a member and enable us to provide services and information relevant to your specific needs.
- Contact Name
- Contact Address
- Contact Telephone Number(s)
- Contact email address(es)
- Date of Birth
How does The Shrimpers Trust use such Information?
- Your information may be used by us to carry out our contractual obligations, or authenticate you as a member and may be used to:
- to satisfy the requirement as defined by our Society Registration with the FCA that we hold names/addresses of our members;
- to administer any membership account you have with us and managing our relationship with you;
- to send you information about events and any updates on the Shrimpers Trust;
- to send you other marketing information we think you might find useful or which you have requested from us, including our newsletters, information, about membership, events and away travel;
- to answer your queries or complaints;
Except where used in support of a contract with you or to fulfil a legal obligation, our use of your Personal Information will be only for legitimate interests as set out above.
Email and post marketing.
From time to time, we may contact you by email or post with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in. We will only send marketing messages to you in accordance with the marketing preferences you set. You can then let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by emailing us at email@example.com You can also unsubscribe from our marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing messages we send to you.
How does The Shrimpers Trust secure Personal Information?
The Shrimpers Trust is committed to ensuring the security and integrity of Personal Information. We have adopted reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard your Personal Information. However, due to the nature of Internet communications, we cannot guarantee or warrant that your transmission to us is secure.
How can you correct, change or delete your information held by The Shrimpers Trust?
You may request to access, update, correct, change, or delete your Personal Information at any time. The Shrimpers Trust will use reasonable efforts to timely update and/or remove information. To protect the user’s privacy and security, we will take steps to verify the user’s identity before making any requested change. To access, change, or delete your Personal Information, to report problems with our Website, to ask questions or to raise concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that while we will assist you in protecting your Personal Information, it is your responsibility to protect your passwords and other access credentials from others.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
The Personal Information you provide to The Shrimpers Trust is only kept for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into account our need to comply with contractual obligations, resolve membership issues, comply with legal requirements and provide new or improved services to our members. This means that we may retain your Personal Information for a reasonable period after your membership of the Shrimpers Trust has expired.
After this period, your Personal Information will be deleted from all systems of the Shrimpers Trust without notice.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address.
You may be able to update some of the personal information we hold about you through the Membership Area of the Shrimpers Trust Website www.shrimperstrust.co.uk Alternatively you can contact us by emailing email@example.com
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the issue number at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
Your rights in relation to Personal Information.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider;
- the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data. However, some have no conditions attached, so your right to withdraw consent or object to processing for direct marketing are absolute rights.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information, you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
How can you contact The Shrimpers Trust?