Southend United Supporters Society Limited (Shrimpers Trust) – Away Travel Terms & Conditions
1. Bookings will be made on-line via the Away Travel section of the Trust Website. To effectively manage the coach booking process we will disable the on-line booking option prior to each game as coaches become nearly full. At this point the dedicated travel line (07892 905338) can be used to book the last few remaining seats.
2. All seats for Away travel must be booked in advance. To keep costs to a minimum for supporters our intention is to run full coaches. Therefore it is extremely unlikely that anyone simply turning up at a designated pick-up point will be allowed to travel.
3. Coach travel is organised by Trust volunteers mostly with full time jobs. In order to assist with the co-ordination of travel arrangements, supporters are requested to book their seats as early as possible. Bookings will however be accepted up until the evening before any game providing that spaces remain.
4. The following guidelines shall apply in respect of refunds.
a) In the event that an Away game is postponed and at the point that this is officially communicated to supporters the journey to the game has not started, any pre-paid travel shall be refunded.
b) In the case of any supporter who has booked and paid for travel and is then unable to attend the game, consideration will be given on a case by case basis in respect of any refund being offered. A key consideration here will be as to whether the seat can be re-booked.
5. On the advice of Essex Police and in the interests of protecting the Trust against any liability in relation to any negative situation that might arise due to a supporter’s inappropriate behaviour on arrival at the destination, including within the ground itself: it is with regret that the Trust is not able to accept any supporter for travel who is under the age of 18, unless they are accompanied by an adult (who will be 18 or over). This supporter will be deemed as having responsibility for any supporter under the age of 18 for whom they have booked travel.
6. The Trust will therefore not supervise or take responsibility for any supporter’s behaviour on arrival at the destination, including within the ground itself. The Trust will take no part in managing any negative situation that might arise due to a supporter’s inappropriate behaviour.
7. Travellers who book by phone filling the last remaining seats and then do not show up for the coach trip will be required to pay for all future Away travel on-line (subject to availability). The decision of the Shrimpers Trust Away Travel Co-ordinator regarding this matter will be final.
8. All Trust coaches are strictly non-smoking.
9. UK Law states that alcohol or illegal substances are not permitted on football coaches. If any alcohol or any illegal substance is found on board our coaches the items will be confiscated & disposed of, and the offenders banned from all further Away travel with the Trust.
10. The Shrimpers Trust reserves the right not to accept anyone on its coaches whom it deems unfit to travel.
11. The Shrimpers Trust does not accept responsibility for any traveller once they have arrived at the destination and alighted from the coach.
12. The Shrimpers Trust does not accept liability for any loss or damage to any traveller’s possessions which they bring onto the coach.
13. Wherever possible, coaches will drop off and pick up travelling supporters from the same point, however if the pick-up point is different to the drop off point, please listen to the instructions given by your coach organiser.
14. Supporters are asked to ensure that they return to the coach promptly after the game to ensure other supporters are not inconvenienced by any departure having to be unnecessarily delayed.
15. Supporters are reminded that they should consider their fellow travellers, which may include families/children and therefore ensure that they show appropriate conduct at all times on Trust coaches. Inappropriate behaviour may result in any supporter being refused future travel.
16. All travellers are responsible for their own litter and should remove it from the coach for disposal; it is not the job of the volunteer coach organiser to do this. Carrier bags are provided for rubbish if required, however if excess rubbish is found on the coach floor or seats the person(s) responsible will be asked to pay a cleaning fee added to any future travel.
17. Coaches will only drop off at the designated stops on the return journey unless additional stops are authorised by the coach organiser.
18. The Shrimpers Trust reserves the right to change pick-up points and times. In such cases due notice will be given to supporters. Cars parked at Roots Hall are left at the owner’s risk.
19. The Shrimpers Trust and/or Southend United Football Club will not accept any liability for any damages or losses caused.
Last updated July 2022